Are you currently undertaking doctoral research into issues relating to child sexual abuse?
The CSA Centre is inviting PhD researchers to join us for a friendly and participative one-day online workshop on Wednesday 30th June. This event will be specially facilitated by Professor Liz Kelly from the Child and Woman Abuse Studies Unit at London Metropolitan University.
What you can expect from the workshop:
- A unique opportunity to present your work (no matter what stage) to a small and knowledgeable multi-disciplinary group of fellow doctoral students and academics
- Receive collective support and constructive challenges on your doctoral studies, reflecting on prevention, intervention, the criminal justice process, disruption, and support for victims and survivors of child sexual abuse
- Collaboration with the CSA Centre to learn from research as it unfolds, become part of a wider community of researchers and discuss ways to share your findings with wider audiences
The structure of the day:
The day will consist of seminar type presentations with students presenting their work to a small group of fellow doctoral students with time for discussion and reflection. Presentations can focus on early results but equally on challenges faced in terms of concepts, research design, methods, ethics – whatever would be useful to talk about in depth.
How to get involved:
To apply to attend the workshop, please submit the below expression of interest form by Wednesday 19th May
- We will be in touch with applicants, in due course, in order to provide additional information about the event
- To get the most out of the day we would encourage all participants to present. If you would like to do this, please indicate so on the form
- For further information please contact Melissa de Roos: email@example.com