The CSA Centre is working to explore disruption activity systematically, both in the context of policing in England and Wales and more broadly with other professionals who have a role to play in this area. Our work on disruption has three core components:
- Identifying and better understanding current practice, barriers and enablers from both practitioner and strategic perspectives;
- Identifying what is effective in what contexts and recommending opportunities for improving practice;
- Providing recommendations for future partnership working to address the barriers identified.
Our research in this area aims to address:
- What is meant by CSA disruption and how is it currently carried out?
- What does good practice look like in relation to CSA disruption?
- Where could practice be improved and how?
- What are the key challenges practitioners face in relation to disrupting CSA?
Work currently underway:
- A review of the current literature
- A survey of frontline and strategic professionals
- Focus groups held with police and multi-agency practitioners